An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @BayviewPRO: Bravo to Vanderbilt, #choosingwisely on morning labs. A model for us all. http://t.co/1e8gxJ8caK about 46 minutes ago
- RT @JenniferJoeMD: @ABIMFoundation Help spread the word! #PrimaryCare is changing! Tell us what you're doing! Submit to the #PCC14! http://… about 1 hour ago
- .@WolfsonD comments on how #choosingwisely increases awareness of overuse: "Public Citizen versus HealthFair, Inc." http://t.co/94cywZImcQ 10:58:34 AM July 25, 2014
- Be sure to follow the convo on #HIT at this year's Forum from Aug. 3-5. Learn more about #ABIMF2014 - http://t.co/gti19usYNl 03:05:27 PM July 24, 2014
- RT @VUMChealth: RT @wingofzock: Op/Ed from @VUMChealth residents discusses importance of #choosingwisely before testing patients. http://t.… 09:26:45 AM July 24, 2014
- RT @WolfsonD: A Little Friendly Competition Sparks #choosingwisely. @SHMLive @mnmed Blog: K.Rand manager of @RWJF_QualEqual grant http://t… 10:28:04 AM July 23, 2014
- Read how @SHMLive and @mnmed are channeling Mary Poppins - "A Little Friendly Competition Sparks #ChoosingWisely" http://t.co/ZWFtLBUZYv 02:19:32 PM July 22, 2014