An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 70 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2015.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @SHMLive: Congrats to @ABIMFoundation #TeachingValue and #ChoosingWisely Challenge winners! RT to show your support! http://t.co/hOkqMJx… about 28 minutes ago
- RT @MHQP: You and your doc #ChoosingWisely? MA campaign encourages clinician-patient convos about common tests and procedures http://t.co/… about 59 minutes ago
- ICYMI: #TeachingValue and #ChoosingWisely Challenge winners announced 3/5. Thanks to all who entered. @costsofcare http://t.co/580roiTcF2 about 5 hours ago
- RT @HyungChoMD: Proud of our @OCCAMsConf team on their 2nd national award! @trini_truong @andrewdunn111 #HighValueCare #TeachingValue http:… about 7 hours ago
- Project including @cwru @ClevelandVAMC physician winner of #TeachingValue and #ChoosingWisely Challenge @costsofcare http://t.co/580roiTcF2 about 23 hours ago
- Congrats to physicians from @harvardmed on winning #TeachingValue and #ChoosingWisely project @costsofcare http://t.co/580roiTcF2 about 23 hours ago
- Physicians @PennStHershey among winners of the #TeachingValue and #ChoosingWisely Challenge- congrats! @CostsofCare http://t.co/580roiTcF2 04:22:32 PM March 05, 2015