An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- "Doctors Still Order Too Many Tests" from @Medscape highlights findings of physician survey on #choosingwisely http://t.co/sSMgmGwZ3E 12:30:04 PM August 29, 2014
- RT @MHQP: Doctors agree: Most patients should avoid these 5 cancer tests and treatments #choosingwisely http://t.co/wP1nkfcf32 09:37:26 AM August 29, 2014
- RT @AMDApaltc: A10: #ChoosingWisely & @ConsumerReports have created great resources that help with specific issues http://t.co/BqZI2Vl9tI … 03:22:31 PM August 28, 2014
- RT @boedudley: Nice piece on #choosingwisely: http://t.co/xalECMZPOL 02:47:39 PM August 27, 2014
- RT @SHMLive: #ChoosingWisely Case Competition deadline is quickly approaching. Submit by 9/9. @ABIMFoundation Learn more Online: http://t.c… 09:49:43 AM August 27, 2014
- .@WolfsonD on competition at #ABIMF2014 that charged attndees to come up w/ #HIT innovations. And the winner was... http://t.co/EVn6lgnKlx 01:47:18 PM August 26, 2014
- Sign up to receive monthly email updates on the #choosingwisely campaign: http://t.co/WIIduoIPBO 11:56:59 AM August 26, 2014