The expanded American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology list is now available. Learn about other societies announcing new Choosing Wisely lists in 2014.
How can physicians and patients have the important conversations necessary to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time? Choosing Wisely® aims to answer that question.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is focused on encouraging physicians, patients and other health care stakeholders to think and talk about medical tests and procedures that may be unnecessary, and in some instances can cause harm.
To spark these conversations, leading specialty societies have created lists of “Things Physicians and Patients Should Question” — evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
More than 50 specialty societies have now joined the campaign, and 30+ societies will announce new lists in late 2013 and early 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely beginning February 2014.
- RT @AmerGeriatrics: @paula_span writes about our 2nd #choosingwisely list for @ABIMFoundation http://t.co/hbgEKClCN3! 05:48:19 PM March 07, 2014
- Learn how physicians & patients can discuss imaging for low back pain #choosingwisely from @acpinternist: http://t.co/SovTFws4aR 10:21:58 AM March 07, 2014
- RT @WolfsonD: #choosingwisely now has "Updates from the Field" newsletter that features implementation of recommendations http://t.co/Lj3S9… 04:50:05 PM March 06, 2014
- Read the latest news from the #choosingwisely campaign in the March edition of Updates From the Field: http://t.co/WIIduorMzO 03:44:37 PM March 06, 2014
- .@Pahwa, a winner of 2013 #TeachingValue & #ChoosingWisely competition proposes trainee dashboards w/ billing data http://t.co/nomXHb6cEt 10:05:59 AM March 06, 2014
- RT @CostsofCare: innovative #meded videos from our #TeachingValue & #ChoosingWisely challenge http://t.co/gnEFsddaRl @ABIMFoundation, 10:03:32 AM March 06, 2014