The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine’s list is now available. Learn about other societies announcing new Choosing Wisely lists in 2014.
How can physicians and patients have the important conversations necessary to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time? Choosing Wisely® aims to answer that question.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is focused on encouraging physicians, patients and other health care stakeholders to think and talk about medical tests and procedures that may be unnecessary, and in some instances can cause harm.
To spark these conversations, leading specialty societies have created lists of “Things Physicians and Patients Should Question” — evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
More than 50 specialty societies have now joined the campaign, and 30+ societies will announce new lists in late 2013 and early 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @WolfsonD: @wolfsond response to Chicago Tribune article by @jordanrau http://t.co/zXMqwms7zD. #choosingwisely is about removing waste … 02:35:20 PM April 18, 2014
- New poll from @JHARTFOUND finds older patients want team care and say it’s improving their health: http://t.co/lvkyTV2xhy #PCMH 02:28:26 PM April 18, 2014
- RT @NPWF: ICYMI: More health clinics look to cut down on unnecessary medical tests & procedures w/ the #ChoosingWisely program! http://t.co… 11:30:37 AM April 18, 2014
- RT @AmerGeriatrics: Ariel Green, MD, comments on study looking at benzo's and older adults; also talks about our 1st #ChoosingWisely List h… 11:03:40 AM April 18, 2014
- RT @WolfsonD: Cost of Treatment May Influence Doctors, NYT. Costs considered in clinical guidelines. #choosingwisely @CostsofCare http://t… 09:35:15 AM April 18, 2014
- RT @ActionGroupMN: New #ChoosingWisely tip sheets! How often should you get a health checkup? Not as frequently as you may think http://t.c… 01:15:58 PM April 17, 2014