** Costs of Care and the ABIM Foundation announce the second annual Teaching Value and Choosing Wisely Challenge. Read more.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- .@APTAtweets highlights importance of @AAN_Nursing #choosingwisely list for physical therapists: http://t.co/G4UmjcrvyL about 1 hour ago
- Docs, need help talking to patients about #ChoosingWisely? Patient-friendly materials can help: http://t.co/hjFbgB8rB3 @ConsumerDavid about 23 hours ago
- RT @FutureDocs: Thx @IHIOpenSchool @SHMLive @AAIMOnline for announcing 2nd annual #teachingvalue #choosingwisely challenge! http://t.co/27L… 09:02:51 AM November 20, 2014
- RT @WolfsonD: Amy Berman's @NotesOnNursing Adventures in #ChoosingWisely blog post and video. One treatment for pain. http://t.co/AE4Ay48k… 02:27:01 PM November 19, 2014
- RT @BayviewPRO: Inspiring story on @WolfsonD #choosingwisely blog, about breast ca treatment that is better for pt, better for the system, … 10:49:35 AM November 18, 2014
- .@NotesOnNursing's "Adventures in #ChoosingWisely" highlights importance of patient/doc communication: http://t.co/savqVDVKxE 09:23:56 AM November 18, 2014
- RT @bicmay: .@CostsofCare Teaching Value & #ChoosingWisely Challenge #overuse #meded http://t.co/0izcljq997 09:18:26 AM November 18, 2014