An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @WolfsonD: #abimf2014 Forum: Rebooting the System for Service & Satisfaction. Docs & pat leaders create better clinical environ. http://… about 4 hours ago
- RT @dhjutsw1: 2014 @ABIMFoundation Forum: Rebooting the System for Service & Satisfaction. Follow at #abimf2014. http://t.co/VlgLcQjFby about 6 hours ago
- .@WolfsonD previews the #abimf2014 Forum: Rebooting the System for Service and Satisfaction http://t.co/50wZK02mW1 about 10 hours ago
- RT @TodaysHospital: Friendly competition for videos for #choosingwisely - eight prizes totaling $20,000 http://t.co/20QiCxWdFA about 11 hours ago
- RT @RichardBaron17: thanks to @ashishkjha @Asaf_Bitton and @Farzad_MD for tweeting my UTSW graduation talk http://t.co/N3KX9QBVAR 04:35:27 PM July 28, 2014
- #abimf2014 to explore pathways for restoring healing spirit in service of meaningful patient-clinician relationships http://t.co/927WtkCWzH 02:11:27 PM July 28, 2014
- RT @BayviewPRO: Bravo to Vanderbilt, #choosingwisely on morning labs. A model for us all. http://t.co/1e8gxJ8caK 09:34:43 AM July 28, 2014