** The American Society of Hematology has released five additional recommendations.
** The American Academy of Sleep Medicine has released its Choosing Wisely list.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- Bioethics Forum blog - Two Cheers for #ChoosingWisely http://t.co/FwRigfljwP via @hastingscenter 12:19:45 PM December 19, 2014
- RT @LeapfrogGroup: We just updated our #ChoosingWisely partnership page w/ lots more resources from @ConsumerReports. Check it out! http://… 05:02:32 PM December 18, 2014
- RT @WolfsonD: Are you interested in advancing #choosingwisely at your health system/hospital? DM me for information on joining our networki… 01:49:34 PM December 18, 2014
- RT @MooreFound: @ABIMFoundation @WolfsonD - thanks for sharing the @MoorePatient work on #PFEroadmap! 01:49:12 PM December 18, 2014
- There's still time to enter the #TeachingValue and #ChoosingWisely challenge. Learn more and submit at http://t.co/cMoBMLlu7M 11:27:06 AM December 18, 2014
- .@WolfsonD on @MooreFound #PFEroadmap: finally there's a clear vision and definition of pt-cntrd care. http://t.co/s4qFEbo5pi 11:46:45 AM December 17, 2014
- RT @NaRCAD: @HarvardBiz features the #ChoosingWisely campaign on combatting "overuse"...learn more: https://t.co/oBhMJQZyYG @WolfsonD @ABIM… 11:39:16 AM December 17, 2014