** The American College of Medical Toxicology and The American Academy of Clinical Toxicology have released five additional recommendations.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 70 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2015.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @texmed: @txfamilydocs Eduardo Sanchez, MD sees #ChoosingWisely as a Valuable Tool http://t.co/szdit9c5Mf about 18 hours ago
- RT @SHMLive: Grants Available From @ABIMFoundation to Advance Stewardship Competencies in #MedEd and Training: http://t.co/EtwM2V6SlV about 19 hours ago
- RT @ChooseWiselyCA: Levinson: @ABIMFoundation saw a need to bring physns forward to lead convos on overuse & stewardship. Few yrs later, #C… about 21 hours ago
- RT @ChooseWiselyAU: @ChooseWiselyAU Launching April 29! Save the date. #choosingwisely @PathologyRCPA @TheRACP @acemonline @RANZCRcollege … about 22 hours ago
- A new #ChoosingWisely list was announced today from @acmt and @AACTinfo. Find out about the new recommendations: http://t.co/sJR4ft0vii 04:53:38 PM March 26, 2015
- RT @SHMLive: The latest on #choosingwisely at #hospmed15 from @johnbbulger - http://t.co/CVdJtK1nTl 04:18:32 PM March 26, 2015
- RT @johnbbulger: Hospitalists #ChoosingWisely is just right! http://t.co/UMfOfUOQbT @SHMLive #HospMed15 11:31:45 AM March 26, 2015