The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine’s list is now available. Learn about other societies announcing new Choosing Wisely lists in 2014.
How can physicians and patients have the important conversations necessary to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time? Choosing Wisely® aims to answer that question.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is focused on encouraging physicians, patients and other health care stakeholders to think and talk about medical tests and procedures that may be unnecessary, and in some instances can cause harm.
To spark these conversations, leading specialty societies have created lists of “Things Physicians and Patients Should Question” — evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
More than 50 specialty societies have now joined the campaign, and 30+ societies will announce new lists in late 2013 and early 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- .@AABB will release a new #choosingwisely list tomorrow, 4/24 at 11 am ET. Visit http://t.co/rhLQdS1VJv to find out what made the list. about 55 minutes ago
- RT @DrKerbel: The first thought each time my housestaff orders a scan or test #ChoosingWisely http://t.co/TmbG0WmJtK about 22 hours ago
- "Is less more in health care?" from @WBJournal highlights hospitals embracing #choosingwisely to reduce waste. http://t.co/Vwu4ui8EvM 10:43:56 AM April 22, 2014
- RT @ActionGroupMN: Four simple lifestyle changes to help you get a little more vitamin D http://t.co/q75xKth525 #ChoosingWisely 04:58:31 PM April 21, 2014
- RT @NASSspine: ABIM Foundation responds to "Are Docs Choosing Wisely?" http://t.co/JMmgmJPSMC 02:11:28 PM April 21, 2014
- .@WolfsonD responds to @jordanrau in @ABIMFoundation post "In response to: Are docs #choosingwisely?" http://t.co/BUJVPmNEpN 11:00:40 AM April 21, 2014
- RT @WolfsonD: @wolfsond response to Chicago Tribune article by @jordanrau http://t.co/zXMqwms7zD. #choosingwisely is about removing waste … 02:35:20 PM April 18, 2014