** The American College of Medical Toxicology and The American Academy of Clinical Toxicology have released five additional recommendations.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 70 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2015.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @johnbbulger: Hospitalists #ChoosingWisely is just right! http://t.co/UMfOfUOQbT @SHMLive #HospMed15 about 3 hours ago
- RT @acmt: We are proud to release our #choosingwisely items 6-10 today! @acmt @aactinfo http://t.co/XfuLe9pAZp about 6 hours ago
- Inspired by work of @ABIMFoundation, @CR_health and 70 societies, #ChoosingWisely movement spreads to Australia: http://t.co/yRwpYlIo2h 09:09:16 AM March 25, 2015
- RT @texmed: @texmed shows you how #ChoosingWisely can help your practice http://t.co/MIwRuSP6IM 03:17:19 PM March 24, 2015
- RT @WolfsonD: RFP out today for grants on Putting Stewardship Into Med Ed and Training: @abimfoundation #choosingwisely http://t.co/yyEs6N… 11:47:49 AM March 24, 2015
- .@ABIMFoundation Announces the Availability of New Grants to Advance Stewardship Competencies in #meded and Training http://t.co/K969SiATJw 10:17:49 AM March 24, 2015
- From @LongTermLiving: @AMDApaltc adds 5 guidelines to #ChoosingWisely campaign http://t.co/QnKqTViTol 09:03:17 AM March 24, 2015