** Recommendations from the American College of Preventive Medicine have just been released.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 70 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2015.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @ORmedicine: #ChoosingWisely in Oregon Challenge: apply by March 6. Top submissions receive $2,000! http://t.co/NbTKdqdkRL http://t.co/s… about 13 hours ago
- RT @MHQP: Do you really need a heart echo test before an operation? Not usually #choosingwisely http://t.co/Azab97R7fN 09:18:30 AM March 02, 2015
- The #ChoosingWisely site is back online! 02:54:11 PM February 27, 2015
- We spoke too soon... #ChoosingWisely.org still out of commission. Stay tuned for updates. 01:05:05 PM February 27, 2015
- Keep up to date on the latest news from the #choosingwisely campaign by signing up for our monthly e-newsletter: http://t.co/WIIduoIPBO 12:16:09 PM February 27, 2015
- #ChoosingWisely site is back up. Thanks for your patience! 11:40:26 AM February 27, 2015
- The #ChoosingWisely website will be temporarily unavailable due to unexpected maintenance. We'll let you know when it's back up. 10:34:26 AM February 27, 2015