** Five additional recommendations have been released from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. See the complete list.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 70 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2015.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- #ChoosingWisely movement spreads to Japan. "Wasteful treatments must be reviewed" http://t.co/F34oUTpC30 about 6 hours ago
- St. Charles Cancer Center honored by @ORmedicine for implementing five @ASTRO_org #choosingwisely recommendations: http://t.co/LsN8Kywt3e 08:41:41 AM April 17, 2015
- ASRM Bulletin: @ASRM Expands Its Recommendations for the #ChoosingWisely campaign http://t.co/mHm8Rc3Kwl 09:01:49 AM April 16, 2015
- "Status Update for #ChoosingWisely’ at Three Years" from @OncologyTimes http://t.co/n8tloArwXK 10:21:58 AM April 15, 2015
- RT @WolfsonD: MCW medical education team wins Teaching Value & #choosingwisely for innovation in high-value care http://t.co/VqdWS6yias 09:00:33 AM April 13, 2015
- RT @JenniferJoeMD: .@CostsofCare & @ABIMFoundation #ChoosingWisely Challenge winners announced! Check out these innovations- http://t.co/B6… 11:53:45 AM April 09, 2015
- RT @MHQP: Doctors agree: Most patients should avoid these 5 cancer tests and treatments #choosingwisely http://t.co/vsQJXmRXsV 02:29:26 PM April 07, 2015