An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @PIAAknowsMPL: Where is the waste/overspending in #healthcare? In overtreatment says Daniel Wolfson @WolfsonD #ChoosingWisely about 8 hours ago
- RT @WolfsonD: “@ABIMFoundation: .@WolfsonD @PIAAknowsMPL webinar, #ChoosingWisely: What Are the Implications for #MPL? Today 2pm http://t.c… about 10 hours ago
- .@WolfsonD on @PIAA webinar, #ChoosingWisely: What Are the Implications for #MPL? Tmrw at 2pm (ET). http://t.co/hmYwxUeZVv 11:34:19 AM August 19, 2014
- MT @HopkinsMedicine: @HopkinsBayview cuts patients' lab costs $1.25M by eliminating unnecessary tests http://t.co/78dVwVNziZ #ChoosingWisely 10:49:20 AM August 19, 2014
- .@RichardBaron17 sums up key learnings from #ABIMF2014 in a new post on the Medical Professionalism Blog - http://t.co/8uKX53MwR3 09:27:22 AM August 19, 2014
- Looking for your feedback on the #ChoosingWisely site. Take our survey: http://t.co/IvGiTWWerj 10:26:01 AM August 18, 2014
- RT @ACRSimpleTasks: #ACR is a part of @ABIMFoundation's #ChoosingWisely campaign. 5 things Drs can do to reduce costs & improve care: http:… 09:06:56 AM August 18, 2014