** Costs of Care and the ABIM Foundation announce the second annual Teaching Value and Choosing Wisely Challenge. Read more.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- MT @mdcalc just used #pecarn algorithm so child's parents are #choosingwisely. THANKS!!! http://t.co/FNzAihVQBj … @ACEPNow about 16 hours ago
- Full of bright ideas? @CostsofCare now accepting entries for the Teaching Value #ChoosingWisely Challenge: http://t.co/cMoBMLlu7M about 16 hours ago
- The past wasn't as good as you think @WolfsonD's response to @nytopinion piece "How Medical Care is Being Corrupted": http://t.co/jjXf2Ug4MY about 16 hours ago
- RT @WolfsonD: "A Roadmap for Patient & Family Engagement" Comprehensive guide to engage patients. Stakeholder buy-in. @MooreFound http://… 04:47:42 PM November 24, 2014
- RT @NPWF: Video: What to ask your doctor before a new test or treatment: http://t.co/25w7AMSlv5 #ChoosingWisely 01:46:53 PM November 24, 2014
- .@TIMEHealth "The Hidden Dangers of Medical Scans" cites #choosingwisely as one effort to help reduce unneeded care: http://t.co/8vIGVdTyGb 01:28:29 PM November 24, 2014
- RT @CostsofCare: Thanks to @JHARTFOUND for helping support the Teaching Value & #ChoosingWisely Challenge - http://t.co/gRnRiUvqEs #meded 04:29:11 PM November 21, 2014