** ABIM Foundation announces new $4.2 million grant program to support health care organization implementation of Choosing Wisely recommendations.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- Recommendation on Anticoagulants Part of Latest Round of ASH #ChoosingWisely Initiative | Page http://t.co/vsLxS0BKkP via @AJMC_Journal 02:59:13 PM January 23, 2015
- RT @commonwealthfnd: In 2012, @ABIMFoundation launched "Choosing Wisely" to combat unnecessary medical care. The campaign is now int'l. htt… 10:16:41 AM January 23, 2015
- "Don’t routinely use topical antibiotics on a surgical wound." @AADskin #choosingwisely http://t.co/BJLwwbe3V1 09:08:28 AM January 23, 2015
- RT @ASH_hematology: How can physicians adopt the @ABIMFoundation Choosing Wisely recommendations? Find out at the ASH webinar on Feb. 4: ht… 03:16:20 PM January 22, 2015
- RT @MHQP: Cancer Treatments at the End of Life -- a guide from @ConsumerReports and oncologists #choosingwisely http://t.co/eeYJJPOJgf 11:04:03 AM January 22, 2015
- "Don’t routinely avoid influenza vaccination in egg-allergic patients." @AAAAI_org #choosingwisely http://t.co/lGlDT7shU2 09:29:18 AM January 22, 2015
- RT @commonwealthfnd: What the "Choosing Wisely" campaign can teach international #healthsystems about reducing overuse of medical care. htt… 09:22:38 AM January 22, 2015