** ABIM Foundation announces new $4.2 million grant program to support health care organization implementation of Choosing Wisely recommendations.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- Don’t recommend percutaneous feeding tubes in pts w/adv dementia; offer oral assisted feeding #choosingwisely @AAHPM http://t.co/cOdRMTRlt7 about 11 hours ago
- RT @WolfsonD: . @nytimeshealth Excellent article on numbers to treat. Need more convos on this. #choosingwisely @abimfoundation http://t.co… about 16 hours ago
- Resources are available to help physicians engage in conversations with their patients about #choosingwisely: http://t.co/pgrDkpSHRy 04:00:49 PM January 27, 2015
- RT @AAMCNews: When is imaging right for you? Check out things Physicians and Patients Should Question #ChoosingWisely http://t.co/cWyowTRpI3 11:08:58 AM January 27, 2015
- "Don’t do imaging for low back pain within the first six weeks, unless red flags are present." @aafp #choosingwisely http://t.co/uUYO0nCAcw 08:48:58 AM January 27, 2015
- RT @kennylinafp: #ChoosingWisely: A Growing International Campaign http://t.co/hREkDF71fN via @commonwealthfnd 02:28:37 PM January 26, 2015
- RT @LeapfrogGroup: Leapfrog is proud to join in the #ChoosingWisely campaign to help consumers find the right care at the right time http:/… 11:42:59 AM January 26, 2015