** The American College of Emergency Physicians released five additional recommendations. See their list.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @WolfsonD: Henry Ford Physi Network implement #choosingwisely @HenryFordNews @EmergencyDocs @AAHPM @AmerGeriatrics @DianeEMeier http://… about 8 hours ago
- RT @EmergencyDocs: @DrRobertGlatter @Forbes nice piece on #ChoosingWisely at #ACEP14. 5 more tests for the chopping block: http://t.co/pBmU… 04:51:44 PM October 29, 2014
- Avoid prescribing antibiotics in the emergency department for uncomplicated sinusitis -@EmergencyDocs #choosingwisely http://t.co/BGFyXXSOGC 09:54:38 AM October 29, 2014
- RT @JSchuurMD: #ACEP14 @EmergencyDocs announces 2nd list of 5 items for #choosingwisely http://t.co/oV884IZQ6t @ABIMFoundation 04:50:14 PM October 28, 2014
- .@ACEPNow released 5 add'l #ChoosingWisely recos, incl. avoid CT of the head in asymptomatic adult pts. See the list: http://t.co/BGFyXXSOGC 10:29:39 AM October 28, 2014
- .@WolfsonD: #ChoosingWisely innovations at Henry Ford Physician Network can be implemented at hospitals across US: http://t.co/sDDNUhwAs7 01:20:42 PM October 27, 2014
- RT @accpchest: @KevinMD: Time that we in health-care share our own stories. Stories put a human face on the evidence that we rely on to tre… 10:45:32 AM October 27, 2014