** Recommendations from the American Academy of Nursing have just been released. See the list.
An initiative of the ABIM Foundation, Choosing Wisely is working to spark conversations between providers and patients to ensure the right care is delivered at the right time. Participating organizations have created lists of “Things Providers and Patients Should Question” which include evidence-based recommendations that should be discussed to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on a patients’ individual situation.
Consumer Reports is developing and disseminating materials for patients through large consumer groups to help patients engage their physicians in these conversations and empower them to ask questions about what tests and procedures are right for them.
A suite of communication education modules is also available to help providers engage in these conversations with their patients, and a growing library of video resources provides diverse perspectives on its impact and challenges.
More than 60 specialty societies have joined the campaign since its inception in 2012. New lists will continue to be published through 2014.
Sign up for monthly updates and highlights from organizations working to advance Choosing Wisely.
- RT @drval: Treasure trove of useless, but common, medical practices by specialty: http://t.co/qAzPIZei7I Great work, @ABIMFoundation ! about 7 hours ago
- RT @ChooseWiselyCA: Dr. Levinson presents #ChoosingWisely to Fédération hospitalière de France yesterday. More happening on intl front http… 03:19:25 PM October 24, 2014
- RT @RobertFogerty: Yale inpt medicine team generates own choosing wisely list for rotation @ABIMFoundation @CostsofCare http://t.co/WQUM12s… 12:58:24 PM October 24, 2014
- RT @rychoiMD: "The point of #choosingwisely is a culture change in health care. This is a convo to keep having."#NPA14 10:50:33 AM October 24, 2014
- Amy Berman @NotesOnNursing shares her story from a patient's perspective in "Adventures in #choosingwisely" http://t.co/awmKppTkVG 08:53:41 AM October 24, 2014
- RT @NotesOnNursing: Read my Adventures in #choosingwisely http://t.co/OFi4XhJ0n0 @davidccolby @RWJF @WolfsonD @ABIMFoundation @ASCO @CAPCp… 03:43:49 PM October 23, 2014
- Keep up with the latest #ChoosingWisely news by signing up for the monthly "Updates from the Field" e-newsletter: http://t.co/WIIduoIPBO 01:55:05 PM October 22, 2014