HealthInsight is focused on improving the value of health care delivered in the communities it serves. Choosing Wisely® provides the organization an opportunity to achieve that goal by encouraging physicians and patients to come together and address waste and overuse. HealthInsight’s work is centered on building community awareness through media outreach, large town hall-style events, provider training and consumer education at the point of care. Results of their work include:
- Reaching 700,000 residents through a radio PSA campaign (available via MP3)
- Convening two large town hall-style events in spring 2014 featuring national and local experts
- Creating consumer materials specifically related to two broad areas of focus: antibiotics overuse and appropriate use of imaging
HealthInsight is a private, nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to improving health and health care and is composed of locally governed organizations in three states: Nevada, New Mexico and Utah. Its mission is to serve as a primary agent in focusing community energy to achieve the quality and effectiveness of health care.
- “Getting the Right Care at Day Care” from Updates From The Field, Aug. 2015
- “HealthInsight Utah Teams with Early Childhood Educators to Reduce Antibiotic Overuse in Kids” from Updates From The Field, Aug. 2014