Where Should I Start?
Not sure how to get started with Choosing Wisely? The resources below can help you understand the impetus for the campaign and determine how best to move forward with implementation.
- Results from a 2014 survey on physician attitudes regarding the overuse of medical services in the U.S. provide insight into the campaign.
- Stories of Choosing Wisely implementation across the country, from small individual practices to large health systems, can help inspire those looking to implement campaigns of their own.
- The Choosing Wisely Champions program recognizes clinicians or teams of clinicians for their significant contributions to advancing the goals of the campaign. These profiles detail the work they do.
- Stories from community organizations that are spreading the campaign among patients and consumers can serve as a guide for those looking to get involved in their community.
- These first-hand accounts shine a spotlight on the effects of overuse and overtreatment on patients and their caregivers.
Am I Choosing Wisely?
Learning modules for clinicians that help hone communication skills, avoid unnecessary testing and overcome barriers to delivering high-value care
How Can I Implement Choosing Wisely in My Practice/Health System?
Information for clinicians or health system leaders looking to start a program at their organization
How Can I Implement Choosing Wisely in My Community?
Information for community organizations and employers looking to engage patients in the campaign