Choosing Wisely Google+ Hangout
Please join the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation on May 2 from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. ET for a First Friday Google+ Hangout. Panelists will discuss the ABIM Foundation’s ground-breaking Choosing Wisely® campaign that addresses how patients and providers can and should discuss what medical tests and treatments are really needed.
Choosing Wisely has brought together more than 50 medical specialty societies to identify more than 250 tests and procedures that are commonly done, but may be unnecessary. Susan Dentzer, senior policy adviser to the Foundation, will lead a discussion with physicians and a patient about how this initiative sprang from critical examination of the overuse of medical care in the United States—and how it’s changing how care is delivered in communities. This event is part of the #RWJF1stFri series—a monthly Google+ Hangout to keep RWJF grantees and other stakeholders up to speed on the Foundation’s work.
- Susan Dentzer (Moderator), senior policy adviser to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Dr. Richard Baron, president and CEO, American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and ABIM Foundation
- Amy Berman, patient advocate and senior program officer, John A. Hartford Foundation
- Dr. John Bulger, senior fellow, Society of Hospital Medicine
- Susan Mende, senior program officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Friday, May 2, 2014
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET
Prior to the Hangout, you can submit questions on Twitter with the hashtag #RWJF1stFri and we may ask them on air.
All are welcome to join the Hangout. Watch live and RSVP at www.rwjf.org/googleplus.
Pass it Along:
We encourage you to share details on the Hangout with your network on Twitter or LinkedIn so those interested in this issue can join the broadcast.