The ABIM Foundation, with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, re-launched the Choosing Wisely Learning Network this past summer. Hosted on Workplace, the learning network aims to bring together clinicians, community health educators, quality improvement professionals, and representatives from payers and employers to actively discuss and learn about Choosing Wisely and high-value care implementation around the country.
The Choosing Wisely Learning Network is split into two groups—Clinical Implementation and Patient/Community Outreach—in order to provide relevant information and resources according to which aspect of the campaign members are working on. It offers several ways to engage, including:
- Monthly webinars or interactive discussions on Choosing Wisely topics
- A virtual shared space for online discussion and independent learning with affinity groups for clinical issues and community implementation
- A monthly Resource email with the month’s latest research, blogs, tools and news on Choosing Wisely and medical overuse
- Connection to hundreds of people across the country interested in Choosing Wisely
- Access to technical assistance from our subject matter experts
The learning network activities are learner-directed. An annual needs assessment is sent to members, and the activities offered are based on the feedback received.
If you are interested in joining the Choosing Wisely Learning Network, please email Kelly Rand at firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the email whether you would like to join the clinical or community affinity group, or both.
- Reaching the Heartland
- On a Mission in the Southwest
- A Low-Tech Approach to Limiting Labs
- Q&A with Lee H. Hilborne, MD, MPH, FASCP, DLM, Chair of ASCP’s Effective Test Utilization Steering Committee and Past President (2007-2008)