Tune in to Choosing Wisely Conversations
In June 2015 the ABIM Foundation, with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, announced a new round of grant funding for projects advancing Choosing Wisely® across the country.
These seven new initiatives are focused on reducing utilization of inappropriate tests and treatments, and each will implement at least three Choosing Wisely recommendations, including reducing the use of antibiotics for viral infections by at least 20 percent over nearly three years at participating health systems, hospitals and medical groups in their regions.
As the grants are getting underway, Daniel Wolfson, EVP and COO of the ABIM Foundation, talked with the project leaders to learn more about their work, including opportunities and barriers they face in successfully achieving their goals. Interviewees include:
- Don Bradley, North Carolina Healthcare Quality Alliance
- Lisa Letourneau and Kellie Slate Vitcavage, Maine Quality Counts
- Teresa Litton, Washington Health Alliance
- Judy Nowicki, Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality
- Kate Kohn-Parrott, Greater Detroit Area Health Alliance
- Catherine Sarkisian, MD, UCLA Department of Medicine
- Jill Yegian, PhD, Integrated Healthcare Association